About Our Preceptors
Joy Fuller PhD, APRN, MSN, BC
Family Nurse Practitioner
Joy Fuller is a native of the beautiful island of Jamaica. As a family practitioner, patient education, health promotion, and illness prevention are a significant aspect of the practice. She is very compassionate and efficient in working with patients of diverse ages, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Graduate School: Master of Science degree in Nursing with a sub-specialty in Family Practice from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida.
Nathalie Grant EdD, APRN-BC, WCC, ADM-BC
Family Nurse Practitioner
Dr. Nathalie Grant is a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner with over 15 years’ experience in primary care practice. She is also board-certified in diabetes management and wound care.
Graduate School: She completed her Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) and a dual masters degree in Family Nurse Practitioner and Masters in nursing education (MSN) from Barry University in Miami, FL; and her doctorate in healthcare education with a minor in curriculum development from Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
SMCC NP Preceptorship Student Reviews
- “Dr. Fuller was an asset to my successful completion PBA’s FNP program. Dr. Fuller helped me effectively integrate knowledge into practice by providing constructive feedback in a supportive, non-judgmental manor; she created a space for open communication to share ideas and freely ask questions. Most importantly, Dr. Fuller instilled confidence through trusting me to assess, evaluate, and treat her patients through collaboration. We collaborated and talked through the best path for treatment based on current evidence based practices. Initially, Dr. Fuller was my preceptor and quickly became a mentor and friend.”
– Dr. Allison D. DNP, Spring 2018, Last Clinical Rotation Student
- "I flew from Texas to Florida to complete my primary care rotation at Shenandoah medical center. I wanted to have a good preceptor. Nurse practitioner Joy Fuller is a phenomenal provider an excellent preceptor. I gained a wealth of information from Ms. Fuller. I was prepped and molded to become the NP that I am today. Ms. Joy Fuller is very knowledgeable, has a positive attitude for coaching students, strong clinical reasoning skills, and encourages questions. She does not cut corners. Ms. Fuller is the epitome of a great preceptor." – Hortense N. MSN, Spring 2018, 2nd Clinical Rotation Student.
- “I highly recommend Joy as an NP preceptor. Not only does she have many years of experience under her belt, but she also has a passion to educate. Her openness allowed me to ask questions without hesitation. I went into clinicals not sure what to expect but that was my first NP rotation. Joy has really given me the foundation and confidence I needed, which has given me a great advantage in my other NP rotations. Thank you, Ms. Fuller!"
– Ruth S. MSN, Spring 2020, 1st Clinical Rotation Student